Bamboo Extract (Natural Silica)

Special Price S$13.95 Regular Price S$39.90
Code:
SWH190
Quantity Of Capsules:
60
Dosage:
300mg
Pill Type:
Veggie Caps
Stock Location:
K12
Availability:
In stock
Product Details

Bamboo Extract (Natural Silica)

CLEARANCE SALE!
50% OFF (UP S$27.90, NOW S$13.95)
Expiry Date: End January 2022

Product Details

  • Provides key nutrients for hair, skin and nails

  • Supports collagen formation

  • Thickens and strengthens hair and nails

Supplementing with quality silica like our Bamboo Extract is a great way to ensure healthy intake and nourish the vital tissues that depend on this essential nutrient. You probably already know horsetail grass is a great source of silica, but it's nothing compared to bamboo. While horsetail is about 7% silica by weight, bamboo extract boasts an average 70% silica concentration! The average healthy adult maintains approximately 20 grams of silica within the body, but that level tends to drop with age due to reduced assimilation and other factors.

Product Review

"I started taking Bamboo Extract when I was working in Japan. Aging, plus the stress of working in a foreign country caused my hair to rapidly thin out. Within a few weeks of starting the bamboo extract, my skin and nails felt better, and after a few months, my hair thinning was no longer obvious.  I have been taking ever since and everyone complements me on how healthy and thick my hair is now. What a difference!"  Benny, AMK

Learn more

• Boosts the production of collagen, which gives firmer, smoother skin
• Improves skin elasticity
• Builds strong bones
• Improves joint health
• Promotes stronger hair follicles
• Boosts hair growth, reduces hair dropping
• May help improve eczema and psoriasis
• Promotes stronger and shinier hair and nails

Minerals are the chemical building blocks of almost everything we see in nature. Our bodies, being mostly water, are mostly composed of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. Most of the rest of the common minerals - calcium, phophorus, chlorine, sulfur, sodium, potassium and magnesium - form our bones and teeth. Together, all these minerals make up 99.8% of our body weight. The remaining minerals that account for the 0.2%, are called "essential trace elements", meaning that they are essential for the body to function, yet they are only present in very small amounts. Examples of essential trace elements are iron, iodine, silica, copper, zinc, chromium, selenium, manganese and molybdenum. Sometimes called "microminerals", these trace elements are vital for the functioning of hormones, enzymes and our cells.

Silica is one of these essential trace minerals, and it's key functions are related to the skin, hair nails and joints. Silica is everywhere in nature, for instance in rocks, sand and soil, but of course it is impossible to absorb in that form. It can be found in our food, but only in tiny amounts as it is almost completely insoluble. The richest source of silica is found in bamboo, which is why bamboo is so strong, possessing the strength of steel, while remaining light and flexible. Swanson Bamboo Extract contains around 70% organic silica, which is 10-12 times more silica found in other popular natural hair-loss remedies such as Horsetail or Stinging Nettle.

While silica is involved in many of our body's functions, its primary importance is in the production of hair follicles and nails. Scientists have long ago identified that hair and nails that are richer in silica are stronger and healthier.
The hair follicles themselves require sufficient levels of silica in order to provide a stable base for the hair, and to prevent hair fall.

Silica is also of key importance to the production of collagen: the substance that we all know is crucial for healthy, young-looking, wrinkle-free skin. Collagen is also the substance that forms the cushioning in our joints, so silica will help keep older people pain-free. Silica has also been found to reduce inflammation, so that will be an additional benefit to people with joint problems such as rheumatoid arthritis.

Recent scientific studies have shown silica supplementation may also help people who suffer from anxiety and depression.

Bamboo Extract (Natural Silica)

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Bamboo Extract (Natural Silica)
More Information
Quantity Of Capsules 60
Dosage 300mg
Pill Type Veggie Caps
Stock Location K12