Pine Bark Extract
"Pine Bark Extract is one of my favourite supplements. When I take it, I feel light, energetic and lively. My skin is smooth and people say that I'm "glowing". I heartily recommend this to all my friends. It's "beauty from within" - Jasmine T., River Valley, Singapore.
- Extract from the bark of the French Maritime Pine, famous for its anti-ageing properties.
- Standardised to 95% OPC
- The most effective antioxidant for beautiful skin
- Helps reduce wrinkles and fight the signs of ageing
- Helps relieve allergies and asthma
- Research shows it helps reduce UV damage to skin
- Protects the fine blood vessels from leaking and causing spider veins on your face
- Contains procyanidins, taxifolins, catechins and other types of phenolic acids
Shield your body from the harmful effects of free radical damage. Extracted from the bark of the French Maritime Pine, it is a water-soluble antioxidant flavonoid that stimulates the immune system. It also protects vital collagen structures in the blood vessels, skin and joint tissues all while fighting environmental stress. Pine bark extract contains OPCs, also called procyanidolic oligomers (PCOs), which are also found in grape seed extract, reports the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). OPCs appear to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral and antimicrobial actions and might act to stimulate your immune system, protect against atherosclerosis and possibly prevent certain types of cancers. Specifically, the OPCs in pine bark extract are believed to prevent leaking in the blood vessels, and the flavonoids called catechin and taxifolin in the herb stimulate nitric oxide production in the body, which dilates your blood vessels.
For more independent information on the difference between Pine Bark vs Pycnogenol®, read the Livestrong.Com article here, Pycnogenol vs. Pine Bark Extract